Elliot Susanne, 12 months old

Elliot Susanne, 12 months old
July 18, 2009 in the Smokies

Friday, April 17, 2009

"Mama;s" girl!

Yes, she's finally calling me "mama!" It began April 8, just 2 months & 2 days after starting to call Russ "Dada!" She doesn't just say these things now, she calls us that - when she wants us to pick her up, when we're already picking her up, or she cries it when I leave the room! She also says "baba" reaching for her bottle. This morning, when feeding her pancakes, she took my hand with both of her hands and said "mohr mommy!" And I know this one is far-fetched, but when I took my cell phone away last week, she cried and it sounded like "I want it!" But I guess that's probably just accidental-speaking!

She turns over in her sleep pretty much every time now and sleeps a lot on her belly. One time I couldn't find her in the crib, but there was a ball of blanket at the end of it - underneath that with a little girl, on her belly, rolled into a ball! And one time, she turned completely upside down & backwards. She used to sleep so still!

Still no interest in actual crawling. When in her playpen, she pulls up & stands up on her knees & moves around holding onto the rails; and she still often forces you to let her stand instead of sitting her down. She'll definitely be walked before her birthday, I think. But crawling...that's for "babies", I guess!

She won't let me spoon-feed her much anymore. I can reload the spoon, but she has to be the one to get it to her mouth. This makes oatmeal messy! (photo below) I've been looking for more (nutritious) foods she can feed herself. She loves muffins and rice krispies. And she learned a week ago the coordination in picking up tiny cereal pieces between two fingers - instead of grabbing a fist-full & cramming them into her mouth with her palm!

We got the big highchair out today - it has a bigger tray & Mommy is hoping it will mean less mess! On the floor, anyway. Of course, it doesn't elminate all messes - cheerios can be thrown long-distance.

Here are a few of this past week's photos. I lost a couple formatting the memory card just now, but they were just more of here eating cereal & sleeping on her belly. :)

Two people have looked a the house in the past 2 days & we have an Open House Sunday. Wish us luck!

April 10 -Standing on the Clifford with no help! She tried to take a couple steps, too! (Don't you just love that belly!) April 12 - Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny came! She picked out the popsicle-makers herself : pushing her in the grocery cart, she reached over & grabbed them off a rack. It's the first thing she's grabbed at the grocery, so naturally I bought them for her. Can't wait to make some popsicles! She also got a bunch of "big girl spoons" which she just loves to feed herself with! And some toys, of course. April 12 - Easter piano lesson April 13 - What a cute face! April 14 - fast asleep April 15 - Feeding herself some oatmeal. April 17 - Feeding herself a banana! I watch her closely, but as you can see in photo #3, if she gets too big of a bite she will spit it out! Mmmmm...a tray full of pre-chewed banana!

No comments: