Elliot Susanne, 12 months old

Elliot Susanne, 12 months old
July 18, 2009 in the Smokies

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crawling! "Running"! Oh my!

You have probably heard by now, but on Tuesday June 9 at 11:30 am, Elliot was chasing the easter eggs again, and decided to crawl! I got it on video (it’s on the you tube). She still uses both hands, one knee & one foot, but that’s the way she prefers to get further, faster, I guess!

Just a few minutes later, I was giving her a bath in the sink so she could play, and she grabbed the counter & stood up (water was very shallow). And then, at 5:45pm, I was testing items in the house to “baby-proof” and was pushing on the glass end table. I marked it as “hazard” on my list because it’s glass. That very second, she crawled over to it, and pulled herself up - the first time she’s pulled all the way up to her feet, standing. And yes, it is as if she took my “hazard” list and made it her “To Do” list, from loose cables to floor lamps!

Then, that Thursday I let her play in her walker again. She spotted a cat outside the office room, and took off. I helped her around the corner & she ran down the hallway to chase the cat! She’s been running in that walker ever since (on Saturday, she learned easily how to “steer”). She can run in the driveway, and when it’s hot we go down to the basement where there’s lots of room & tile floor to maneuver on. She could do that for hours - and she chases us around in it, too.

She seems to be cutting more teeth now. We can’t keep up! They’re just coming in one after the other, and we have to “trick” her to try to look at her teeth.

She’s really growing up! Speaking of, I’m attaching her FIRST BIRTHDAY party invitation. Call or email if you need directions (I’m blurring the address just-in-case). I can‘t believe it‘s been a year. But we love the little girl she‘s becoming! J

Starting off, I’ll share with you some sketches Russ did of Elliot recently.

Taken from the photo of a bubble bath, April 6. May 3, on her "10th-Month Birthday" - sitting on the piano. From the May 6 photo of her “playing” in the sink This one was taken April 3, in her playpen with a bock. Elliot's Birthday invitation: Now onto the newest photos:

June 6 - Fell asleep on top of the bumper pad. June 7 - two picnics in one weekend = very tired little girl (and her father) June 9 - First time crawling - chasing that easter egg! Crawling is faster than scooting, for sure! June 9 - still wants to get behind the TV, but this awesome “fence” takes care of that. June 9 - wants to stand up - but needs objects/people to help June 9 - This is the first time she pulled up to standing, on furniture. I didn’t get it on video (didn’t expect her to do it), but I actually was taking photos of her. June 9 - feeding herself a carrot, from some pot roast I made. June 10 - hugging her smurf while sleeping! June 11 - I had been trying to get her to pull up on furniture & she wouldn’t. So I went to cook lunch & returned to find her standing at the couch. Stinker. June 12 - running in the walker outside & having a ball. A bit upset that she couldn’t stretch far enough to touch the grass, though. And she kept racing down the side of the driveway, toward the backyard, in hopes of flying down the hill. Thankfully she’s get stuck at the edge of the driveway instead. June 12 - it’s such hard work, using the end tables (now covered in quilts) to stand up June 13 - This is Russ, being artistic with a photo of Elliot. This is Elliot, watching the Wiggles. June 14 - under her bib is a smurf shirt that says “Papa’s Girl,” while eating waffles with her “Papa.” June 14 - she is watching a DVD of herself at just a few days old. Yes, she’s kissing the screen (sort of). How precious! June 15 - I absent-mindedly left my glass (with a little green tea) on the end table, then put her in the walker after her nap. Heard a noise & though she’d knocked it over - she actually had picked it up & was trying to drink it. Cup was a bit too big for her, though. June 14 - a butterfly on the buffer fly bush. June 17 - watching the Baby Einstein “Galileo” DVD on the sky. She loves this dvd; especially if she’s tired. And it can put her to sleep in the car.

No comments: